Tuesday, December 26

my forehead itches!

what a christmas day!!!
fun stories, fun pics!

so i've been pretty much wearing my santa hat all day, and these things get itchy after a few hours... but i love santa hats.

so santa didn't make it to the christmas tree last night. tippy attacked him and chased him away, stealing the santa hat while he was at it! tippy loves christmas becuase he loves to shred paper, especially wrapping paper. he got so hyper this morning!

so our christmas was smaller this year... my mum and steven both gone, so the morning was smaller and really low key. same with dinner at my grampa's house... same amount of food, less people, more leftovers! i say that's a nice equation.



in addition to the santa hat, i also wore jenny's christmas sweater that i wore in the christmas video... i guess you could call me santa cristina :) i wore it because first, i love it, and second because i thought it would be funny because of the video... which i did show to my family by the way... and they loved it. (by the way, if you have a youtube acount, it would be great if you could rate it for me... maybe we can get it seen by some people :)


so i got to say grace for tonight's meal, and that was really cool. especially since that is what my great-grandfather used to do... unfortunately, i was a little to young at the time, so i don't remember much detail, but i do remember that it was the exact same prayer every time, no matter the holiday or location... everybody in the family knows exactly how it goes. he had a prayer written down mad lib style... i actually just watched a video we had of it so i could write it down here.

"Deeeaaar Lord. Bless this meal on this glorious day of (enter holiday here). (brief history of holiday). I thank my (enter host name here), to reunite us in his home. God be with us all, I hope we all can be together for all the holidays. Amen."

Food was good... lots of appetizers, lots of dinner, and lots of desserts (i made dessert... do you have a guess at what i made? hint: i made it two days ago :)

and the kids table was fun! granted not all of us who sit there are kids, but for the most part :) everybody kept on making comments to me on the accound of everyone just seeing the video before dinner :)

it's funny how a family raised in california knows exactly what to get for christmas for a gal headed to michigan... lets just say i will be nice and warm! i love it, thanks guys!

here are a few last pics!



blessings to the resto of your holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Konichiwa from Japan!
Hi Stina,
I finally found a place by Steven's work to get online. I loved seeing the Christmas pics and write up. I miss you and everyone....and Tippy. I am having a great time here...check daddy's home email for more details.
Hope you are doing well and enjoying your Christmas break too. I love you sweetie!
p.s.
Here's some Japanese:

えhきょdwq’7」

Anonymous said...

why hola santa cristina. i see that you have a super neat sweater. looks just like mine. mmmm... eclair dessert. well, cowabunga.