Wednesday, December 13

what a strappin' story

well, i just got back from playing tennis against my ol' pal the ball machine... it's been a while, but he's still as good as he was before. it felt good to be out there hitting some more. i haven't "oy ve'd" in a while. i sure do miss it (both tennis and the oy ve-ing)
FUNNY: i got stuck to a locker at school today. i was leaning against some locker while talking to my friends, andi had my backpack on. i went to lean forward, and somehow a loose strap had gotten in the vent of the locker and i was stuck. after a quick panic, my friend let me out. no one understood why i was freaking out, so my friend stuck the strap in the locker again to show what happened, and then when we went to take it out, it wouldn't come out. i was stuck. then the bell to end break rang and i was like, ok, i gotta get out of this now, and i can't just leave my back pack hanging to some random person's locker! everybody was yanking on the strap and it wasn't coming loose. i was going through a bunch of different ways i could explain to my teacher why i was late for class, but all of them made me look incredibly stupid... "i got stuck to a locker." after a final really hard pull at the strap, it came loose.

anyway, i remembered something about the triathlon that i wanted to tell about.
it was very very cold that morning, and there is one thing about triathlons in the cold that get me everytime. after i got done with my run and got on my bike, i realized that part of me was still running... my nose. when my nose gets cold and when the wind (which was really strong) blows in my face constantly, my nose runs constantly. i kept on sniffling, but it got really annoying. so after the 2nd mile i gave in. it was running faster than i could sniffle. lets just say that i didn't shake anybody's hands before i had a chance to take a shower that day.
in other news, Peter Boyle (who has played Young Frankenstein/Frank Barone (from Everybody Loves Raymond, ray's dad) passed away today. it was kind of weird because i heard about it while i was watching everybody loves raymond. he was kind of young too, 71.
i've been listening to the band "bleach" lately (they have some really good songs, but they are an older band and aren't together anymore. here's a good song called "December"

Oh it's a great day in december
I'll write it down
so i don't forget
and what You said
i will remember
it came right on time
when I needed it
yeah I needed it

hey hey it was so great to see You
the winter months have taken their toll
i can't, i can't relay
how much Your perfect words
have melted this cold
I'm not alone
Sometimes I think You believe in me more than i do myself
and that is just another reason
I have survived and I'm still alive
I was meant to fly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you got stuck in a locker!...well, seeing that it's you i can. j/k :) se ya tomorrow!