Monday, December 18

oooohhhhh olvera

today was field trip day!
the spanish 4 class got to go to Olvera St in Los Angeles. for those of you who don't know (don't worry, i was the same way until today), it's this little street lined with a bunch of shops and carts selling really cool spanish/mexican stuff. right now the mexican holiday los posados is going on, so it was decorated all cool. anyway, i got this neat purse for $5, and i bought my brother a little accordion (it is soooo awesome, and it really works!!!).
we were all in groups of 4 or 5, and each group had to have a video camera, and we had to film us talking in spanish (at least 5 min of footage). so i had my video camera with me for my group.
we ate some mexican food at a little cantina, and it was really good. we also went to this cool place called Mr. Churro, and let me say that they have incredible churros there... mmm mmm. fun stuff.

in other news, i have some exciting stuff about calvin!
i got my user name for KnightVision (calvin's ecommunity for students and what not) and my calvin email!!!! and, on december 20, E-enroll begins, and that is when i officially say "yes, i am going to calvin" and when i get to start filling out housing applications and all that super D dooper stuff. exciting!

and speaking of calvin... i was thinking about how i will be in michigan next year when i make my next christmas video, and i realized that i will have the resource of snow!!! oh the possibilities with snow!!!!

that's all for now

ta ta

1 comment:

danielle said...

olvera st. sounds fun. meanwhile, i was in school....boring! anyway, i absolutely LOVE your christmas movie. it had me laughing out loud, which earned me some questioning looks from my family later on. but, that look on your face when the mashed potatoes hit you.......priceless!
see you tomorrow! :)