Friday, December 22

oh where, is my camera?

so i was in the process of making some cards tonight (as i have been for a few nights now), and i thought, hmm, it would be neat to take a picture right now. you know, to show where the card making magic happens. so i reached for my camera, and to my surprise, it wasn't there. i checked the family room where i last saw it... not there. run up to my room. not there. checked by the computer. not there. i ran out to my car... (i bet you can guess this one) not there!

i began to become a bit frantic. how in the world will i find it? i can't call it to make it ring (which i actually did with my phone a few hours earlier, only to no prevail because the battery had died and it went straight to voice mail). ahhh, i have an idea.

you know that old nursery rhyme of some sort where a little boy starts playing his pipe or flute while walking in the streets to make all the mice come out and follow him? i forget what it is called... anywho. for some strange reason, all i could think of was that story, so i went in to my room and grabbed my guitar and started walking around the house while playing it. i don't know if i actually believed it would work, but i walked around my house playing those minor chords and singing out loud (very loud, may i add) "ohhhhhhh where, is my camera... oh where is my camera... i left it here on yester night, and now it's gone and out of sight..." and so on... really, i had lyrics... and they were pretty good. however, next time i think i'll get ricky martin to sing.

so after walking and serenading, checking my entire house 4 times, my camera din't come crawling out like the little mice following the flute music. (i did find my cell phone though :)

i put the guitar down and went to my car for a 4th time. this time i checked under my seat, and whaddya know. it all came back to me... i stuck it under the seat when i was going to the store because i didn't want to leave it on the seat and get stolen. so, by hiding it from a thief, i also sucessfully hid it from myself.

and where does this story take us? after over an hour of singing and searching, i finally got to take the ONE non-extravagant photo i wanted to take:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The non-extravagant picture is definitely worth it, though.
Oh, and it's called the Pied Piper. :-)
I
AM
TIRED.